top of page
posts on road.jpg


The grassed areas alongside our roads (about 15ft on either side) are owned by the GCA, although residents are expected to keep the area in front of their homes mown and tidy. Standardized roadside posts, used to help protect these areas from traffic damage, are provided by the GCA, and placed at their discretion only where traffic "regularly and significantly encroaches" on these areas.  (See CARB Guidelines (Reg 2015-04 Updated 07/21/2022) and Regulation 2019-03 Procedure for Use of Standardized Roadside Bollards (Updated 07/21/2022).
If you wish to request that posts are positioned adjacent to your property, then please send an email request to the CARB at

bottom of page