top of page
Highland Park mobile.jpg


Frequently Asked Questions

... my neighbor is not maintaining 
    his/her property

  • Inadequate mowing

  • Insufficient weeding

  • Downed trees not removed

  • Grass clippings/debris in yard

  • Toys/sports equipment left outside

  • RVs/Boats/Trucks in driveways

  • Any other unsightly problems

First:  Talk to your neighbor!  Most times he/she will willingly correct the situation when asked.

Second: Only if this fails should you contact the GCA Compliance Committee responsible for conformance with regulations at If there is a clear violation of regulations, the GCA will act on behalf of the community to ensure that the problem is resolved. 

... nearby construction is causing an 
    undue nuisance

  • Trash/Trash burning

  • Dirt on roads

  • Noise

  • Other

First: Talk to the Contractor or Builder to see if they will cooperate.

Second: Talk to the Lot Owner, who is ultimately responsible.
Third: Only if both of these fail, you should contact the ARB at

... contractors working after hours or on Sundays and holidays?

Contractors-- whether engaged in new home construction or in support of existing residences-- are not allowed to be on site after hours or on Sundays and  GCA designated holidays - New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25. If you see new-home construction contractors during these times, please contact the ARB and provide details. If you have neighbors who have contractors on their premises during these times, please try to resolve it directly with your neighbor as provided in the guidance immediately above. If you and your neighbor cannot resolve the issue, please contact the Compliance Officers. Please note that there are certain exceptions for residential emergencies in the GCA Regulation 2005-01.

...the common areas are not being 
   maintained properly

  • Mowing (incl. mowing contractor issues)

  • Tree maintenance

  • Downed trees

  • Walking paths

  • Area drainage ditches

Contact the CARB chairman at

...for Bremerton Cottages mowing problems contact
...for Scottish Homes mowing problems,

...there is a problem relating to the 

Contact the board member responsible for the Security Committee at

Contact the gatehouse directly at

... I want to report a  problem with 

  • Paving 

  • Potholes

  • Snow removal

  • Issues with road maintenance contractors

Contact the board member responsible for the Glenmore Roads Committee at

... I want to report a  problem with dogs

  • Barking

  • Off leash

  • Not cleaning up after

First:  Talk to the dog owner.

Second: Only if this fails should you contact the GCA  Compliance Committee, responsible for conformance with regulations, at

Note: Aggressive or barking dogs should be reported directly to Animal Control at (434) 977-9041.

...I want to modify my home or yard

  • New structures: detached buildings, sheds, satellite dishes

  • Additions

  • Play structures (e.g. tree houses, forts, etc.)

  • Landscaping changes

  • Any exterior alterations to existing structures, colors, or landscaping

  •  removal of trees

For enquiries, contact the Architectural Review Committee at


To submit an application for modifications, please refer to the instructions on the ARC page

Note - for new home construction or landscaping contact the  ARB at

... My mailbox needs attention

Mailbox posts   are   the     responsibility of homeowners, and must be constructed and maintained in accordance with the ARB guidelines.  

... I have a problem with utilities

   Albemarle County Service Authority (
ACSA)  (434) 977-4511
Dominion Virginia Power (866) 366-4357

   CVEC (434) 263-8336
Cable TV/Internet/Telephone:
Comcast  (888) 266-2278
Satellite TV:
AT&T/DirecTV (877) 707-9769
   Dish TV (855) 992-4558
   CenturyLink (434) 974-6928
Propane Gas:
Tiger Fuel (434) 293-6157
Amerigas  (434) 295-4194
Foster Fuels (434) 263-4500
County Waste (434) 296-6000

... I want to report a crime or suspicious activity

First, you MUST contact the Police directly using 911.  The gatehouse will not do so on your behalf, and are not police. Alternatively, you can complete a simple on-line police report at


After you have contacted the police, please let the gatehouse know of the incident, by calling (434) 977-7019.

... I want to install an irrigation system.

You may do this, but be aware that there are costs and implications, and it requires ARC approval. You may have to tunnel the supply pipe below the street to comply with ACSA regulations.

... I need a Homeowners Association Disclosure Packet for selling my house

Sellers (or their agents) are required to provide a current Association Disclosure Packet to purchasers of their homes prior to closing.

... I want to park a vehicle in the RV parking lot

The RV lot is privately owned, and not affiliated with the GCA. You may contact the owner, Peter Sorensen, at (434) 242-9432.

... I feel there should be roadside posts in front of my property

Posts are provided at the discretion of the CARB.

... I want to rent my house

Only long-term renters are allowed. You are required to keep the GCA informed of who is renting your property, as well as provide your own contact information. Send an email to

bottom of page